Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Why my sqare shawl is not a real Haapsalu Shawl

I´m glad, that some people are so interested about my Haapsalu shawl... And I know- Goolge translator is a funny thing. Estonian is not a easy language and translator does not satisfy the needs of real curious knitter. Greetings to Nordwolke :-))

The question was simple- why is this shawl not a real Haapsalu shawl? The answer is simple too- one of important part is missing. I made this shawl for fun, took a part of pattern, modified it a little  and made it to repeat. I knit only center and edging. The missing part is border.

Usually Haapsalu square shawl has  three pattern- one for center (simple and small), another for border (rich and large) and third for edging. My shawl pattern is big and rich, in original it was a border pattern. Actually I made it as sample, but I loved this pattern and knit it to real big sample :-))  I added edging and... if you please- shawl is ready!







In 2008 I knitted square shawl with three parts. I wear it even today!




3 comments:

rosalia said...

Interesting and stunning work!

nordwolke said...

Tänan! Thanks so much for this translation. See on teist väga kena. Ah yes, now that you have mentioned the answer, I see that it was not hard to find the answer. Nevertheless, I was too dumb to find the solution. ;) I love both squares and maybe some day I will tackle an Estonian or Haapsalu square as well.

Rees said...

:-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails